1,000s of sensor options, wirelessly
What is BeagleConnect™ Freedom?
With 2x mikroBUS connections, there are over 1,000 different add-on options. On-board sensors include temperature, humidity and light level. There’s even a battery charger to assist with battery-backed-up designs.
Based on the Texas Instruments SimpleLink™ CC1352P7 wireless microcontroller running Zephyr and Micropython, utilizing the 2.4GHz and sub-1GHz IEEE 802.15.4 wireless networks are made easy. Numerous additional wireless networking stacks are available from TI, including Wi-SUN and Amazon Sidewalk, enabling you to take your IoT designs wherever you might want to go!
BeagleConnect™ is a revolutionary technology virtually eliminating low-level software development for IoT and IIoT applications, such as building automation, factory automation, and home automation. Choosing BeagleConnect™ simplifies development by eliminating the need for layer of software development. While numerous IoT and IIoT solutions available today provide massive software libraries for microcontrollers supporting a limited body of sensors, actuators and indicators as well as libraries for communicating over various networks, BeagleConnect™ simply eliminates the need for these libraries by shifting the burden into the most massive and collaborative software project of all time, the Linux kernel.
Processor: Texas Instruments Simplelink CC1352P7
- 32-bit Arm Cortex-M4F multiprotocol and multi-band Sub-1 GHz and 2.4-GHz wireless MCU
- 704KB flash program memory
- 256KB of ROM for protocols and library functions
- 8KB of cache SRAM
- 144KB of ultra-low leakage SRAM with parity for high-reliability operation
- Programmable radio includes support for 2-(G)FSK, 4-(G)FSK, MSK, OOK, Bluetooth® 5.2 Low Energy, IEEE 802.15.4 PHY and MAC
- Supports over-the-air upgrade (OTA)
- more ...
Get yours today at:
Board Feature Highlights
- Type-C USB based serial console and firmware updates
- 2x mikroBUS sockets to support Click boards from MikroE
- 2MB SPI flash
- TI OPT3001 light sensor
- TI HDC2010 humidity/temperature sensor
- TI BQ2104 battery charger
- 4 programmable LEDs
- 1 programmable button
- 1 reset button
- On-board 2.4GHz chip antenna
- Enclosure and SubGHz antenna
USB to UART bridge: Texas Instruments MSP430F5503
- 16-bit RISC architecture @ 25-MHz
- 32kB flash
- 4kB RAM
- Full-speed USB
- UART, I2C, etc.